The Westin Indianapolis
241 W Washington St, Indianapolis, IN 46204, USA
Phone: +(1) 317-262-8100
The Westin hotel is close to Indianapolis International Airport (IND), the Indianapolis Motor Speedway (home of the Indy 500), and in walking distance of the convention center. Centrally located in downtown and across from the State’s Capitol Building, top Indianapolis attractions surround the Hotel, our attendees will be within walking distance to 300+ attractions including restaurants, museums, nightlife, family activities and shopping. A skywalk connects the Hotel directly to the Indiana Convention Center and the Circle Center Mall, while the roar of Lucas Oil Stadium is only steps outside our front drive.
The Westin Indianapolis provides a grand ballroom of more than 16,000 sq. ft. plus sufficient number of breakout meeting rooms accommodating more than 1,000 attendees for general plenary sessions, multiple parallel technical sessions, dinner banquet, reception and other events. Spacious guest room and suites are available for specially negotiated group rate.
Hosting City: Indianapolis
Indianapolis, the capital city of Indiana (our friends call us Indy) is the third most populous city in the American Midwest and 16th most populous in the U.S. Known as the “Crossroads of America”, Indy is often associated with fast cars, sports fanaticism and towering monuments (Indy ranks just behind the Washington D.C. in number of memorials and monuments). It has also gained acclaim for a flourishing culinary and brewing scene, thriving cultural institutions, cool neighborhoods, and so much more. Indy was named one of “America’s Favorite Places” by Travel+Leisure.
The iconic Indy 500, was first held in 1911 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, with forty cars started while only a dozen finished. After one hundred years’ running, Indy 500, the “Greatest Spectacle in Racing”, is now one of the oldest and most important automobile races.
Indianapolis is the home of the world’s largest Children’s Museum. It offers interactive exhibits exploring art, science, history and culture, a Dinosphere, and planetarium. Over one million visitors each year enjoy this five-level playground with a 43-foot brightly colored Dale Chihuly “Fireworks of Glass” sculpture hanging in the middle and a fully rideable antique carousel on the top floor.
Getting to and around Indianapolis
Indianapolis International Airport (IND) is an international airport located seven miles (11 km) southwest of downtown Indianapolis. It is home to the second largest FedEx Express hub in the world. The current terminal, opened in 2008 is the first new terminal designed and opened since September 11, 2001, and the nation’s first LEED-certified airport. The airport offers an average of 145 departures per day, linking Indianapolis with nonstop flights to 53 destinations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean. It was named Best Airport in North America in 2012-2019 by Airports Council International, ranked number one in customer satisfaction by J.D. Power, and named the Best Domestic Airport by Travel + Leisure Reader’s Choice Awards.
- The airport is a short 15-minute drive from the heart of downtown Indianapolis.
- Car rental companies offer on-site pickup options at the Ground Transportation Center, located on the first floor of the Terminal Garage.
- Taxi service is available at the curb on the lower level of the terminal just outside of Baggage Claim. There is a $15 minimum charge for all fares from the airport, regardless of distance. The average taxi fare is about $30.
- Uber and Lyft services are available from the airport to your selected destination. When using these services for pick-up, exit the terminal to the Ground Transportation Center on the first floor of the Terminal Garage.
- Scheduled Bus Service from the airport to the greater Indianapolis area are available.
Getting to the Conference venue
The Westin Indianapolis is the official venue of the IEEE ITSC 2021 Conference. Located in the heart of downtown Indianapolis, The Westin Indianapolis places you near the city’s top attractions.
The Indianapolis International Airport is 8 miles away from the Westin Indianapolis. In normal traffic
Limitation of Liability
The ITSC 2021 reserves the right to cancel ITSC 2021 without notice or compensation in the event of any delay, default, failure or cancellation of implementation of any deliverable to or for the ITSC 2021 which has been caused, directly or indirectly, by any incident of “force majeure”.
For the purposes hereof, the term “force majeure” shall include but not be limited to the following:
- Any act of nature such as fire, earthquake, hurricane, flood or adverse weather conditions;
- Any war, conflict, strike, or other action of any kind;
- Unavoidable breakdown or destruction of facilities or equipment including Power failure;
- Any failure of the ITSC2021 service provider to fully carry out their obligation towards the ITSC 2021 Organizer;
- Terrorist attack and/or a Cyber attack;
- Promulgation of any relevant legislation or regulation by local, state or federal governments;
- Any occurrence of any nature which renders it reasonably necessary for the ITSC 2021 Organizer to cancel the ITSC 2021 conference.
In such cases, the ITSC 2021 Conference Organizer is freed of all responsibility and shall only be obliged to reimburse the payments received subject to deduction of any costs it has incurred in preparing the event and processing registration fee payments. This limited liability only extends to the payments made directly to the ITSC 2021 and not to payments made by the attendees to the hotel or airlines.